FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do I need Health? - ALL OUT of state customers need health for horses rode or led in. So. Dak. Customers DO NOT need healths.
2. Do I need Coggins? – Not if you are from South Dakota, North Dakota. South Dakota Law requires that all other states are have a negative coggins tests on the horse before their veterinarian will be allowed to write a interstate health certificate.
3. Can I talk to the owner of the horse consigned? - No – to insure all horses will be on the premises for the sale and not pre-sold, we Do NOT give out consignors phone numbers. Remember – most folks drive many hours to come to the sale for specific horses and expect them to be here for inspection and buying when they arrive!
4. When can I expect payment of the horse I sold? - Customers selling in the loose horse sale or open consignment sale can pick up their checks on sale day – shortly after they are sold. CATALOGUE HORSE SALE Checks will be in the mail 5 days after the sale with the exception of those people that did not have their Registration paper work in order in the office.
5. Can I bring the horse before sale day? - Yes but do call ahead if possible and make arrangements. Horses accepted to yards till 7:30 pm on Friday prior to sale day – call if you can not be here by that time and we will accommodate you.
6. STALLS are available at $20 each for overnight horses – includes bag of woodchips. Please reserve prior to sale. Ho No charge for sale day use for stallions, broodmares with foals at side and weanlings. Outside pens are reserved for loose horses and rope cattle at no cost. A limited amount of outside pens may be available for a volume amount of catalogue or non catalogue .
7. Do I need a Letter of Credit if I am selling a horse in order to purchase some? Yes - as you are planning on payment by check ? YES, as you may no sale the horse and we would not be able to deduct the funds due.
8. Do I need to bring feed for Catalogue horses? Yes, but not for loose horses.
9. Is the Jackpot team roping held prior to each sale open to anyone? Yes
10. What is the Commission charge? 8.5 % on catalogue & ride in horses with a minimum charge of $35 for open Consignment Sale and $40 minimum for catalogue horses. Cattle commission is $13 per head. 8.5% on loose horses with minimum bid of $35